Polished Concrete Wetrooms
Transform your bathroom or create a wet room that is modern, easy to clean and low maintenance. Concrete flooring is ideal for the bathroom- it is easy to clean and cannot be damaged by water.
What is a Polished Concrete Wetroom?
A wetroom is a totally waterproof bathroom with a shower area at the same level as the rest of the floor. A wetroom is a great way of utilizing space and you can have one on both the ground and upper floor of your home. Polished Concrete is a visually appealing, hard-wearing, durable, low maintenance flooring option.
What are the Advantages of a Using Polished Concrete in a Wetroom?
Concrete Floors for bathrooms have many advantages
- Water can’t damage a concrete floor. This means you don’t have to worry about wet feet, damp towels, shower or spills.
- Very Durable- a concrete floor can last for the lifetime of the home.
- Cost-Effective- the floor is likely to last as long as the house itself. Concrete flooring is a remarkably cost-effective choice.
- Easily Cleaned- periodic sealing of the surface to prevent stains. (optional)
- Enhances modern style decors- pigment can be added to the concrete to give you your desired colour.
- Concrete is a very good choice for bathroom floors as it is not slippery and suitable for water areas.
- It is a very durable, easy-to-clean and waterproof material.
Is Polished Concrete cold?
Polished Concrete is no colder than tiles. Many testimonials claim that due to Polished Concrete being recognised as a sustainable and ‘green’ building product, the thermal mass naturally draws its temperature from the ground rather than the outside. So it tends to be warmer than tiles in winter and cooler than tiles in summer.